Based on the core concepts that have helped millions of Tiny Buddha readers transform their lives, this course will empower you to be the person you want to be, regardless of who and where you've been.
If you're feeling:
- Angry with people who've wronged you...
- Frustrated by opportunities you haven't received...
- Limited by obstacles that prevent you from making changes...
- Discouraged by failures and setbacks...
- Ashamed of yourself for mistakes you've made...
- Disappointed in yourself for making the "wrong" choices...
- Anxious about everything that isn't working in your life...
...then you're human. We all feel these things at times. A hero, however, isn't controlled or limited by them.
A hero is proactive, empowered, and committed to growth and forward momentum—not a passive audience member watching life go by.
Whether you're looking to transform your professional life or your personal life, no matter how old you are or what you've experienced, we'll help you identify the mental blocks that are keeping you stuck—and release them.
Our four-week self-study course includes access to a member's-only forum for ongoing support, expert advice from leaders in self-help and film, and comprehensive workbooks for self-discovery.
"It was inspiring listening to individuals from all walks of life going through the same issues. It made me feel normal and human instead of abnormal and excluded. The solutions they have found have filled me with hope of applying the positive principles to suit my own life, and I am genuinely optimistic about my present and future for the first time in many years." ~Sally Cosgriff (Member)
"It was very 'human' and very grounding. The workbooks in particular contained questions that immediately put you into 'the zone' for self-exploration, analyzing your own stories and patterns and how to change them… This course was 'gentle' and organically revealed to me things I am interested in and can make steps toward." ~Scott D, Los Angeles (Member)
Anyone can change their life if they change the stories they tell themselves.
My name is Lori Deschene, and I'm the founder of Tiny Buddha. I created this course with my partner, screenwriter Ehren Prudhel, because I know what it's like to live in regret and feel powerless and stuck because of it.
I spent the majority of my life dwelling on events from the past that seemed unfair and choices I made that caused me to feel ashamed.
I obsessed about what should have happened, what shouldn't have happened, what I should have done, what I shouldn't have done, and how everything would be better if I could just go back and change it all.
Since launching tinybuddha.com in 2009, I've personally connected with thousands of readers, and I've realized this is something that many of us have in common: we allow our feelings and beliefs about the past to limit our effectiveness and happiness in the present.
And even though we want to let go, we don't know how to live a life that doesn't revolve around our former pain. So instead, we keep telling ourselves the same old limiting stories—and in the process, live the story of now based on a sad one from before.
The good news is that we can change how we interpret yesterday, how we view ourselves in response, and how we live today as a result.
Recreate Your Life Story helps you do just that.
"Very comprehensive. Covers all bases! Brings everything into perspective and having articles and workbooks always at your disposal.... It was really good to receive a reply/some feedback back from Lori in the forums. You know you are not alone, and someone cares." ~Nicki L, Berkshire UK (Member)
"It's a lot of information that I will review probably many times. The amount of relief it gave me within the first few days was amazing. Having these new tools are so valuable for everyday life." ~Erin Rodriguez, Hawaii (Member)
Get Lifetime Access
Click the "Add to Cart" button below to join our private community of individuals who, like yourself, are committed to creating positive change in their lives.
You will get immediate access to the introductory course material, the members-only forum, and tools to help you become the hero of your life story.
Once you click the button, you will be taken to a secure payment and checkout page where it will take just a few minutes to get set up!
Tiny Buddha's wisdom has been featured in:
- The Course Structure:
- Before the Course: The story you've been telling yourself
- Module 1: Taking responsibility for your life
- Module 2: Learning to empathize with/root for yourself
- Module 3: Rewriting the story of your past
- Module 4: Starting to write your new story
- After the Course: Changing how you view conflict
- Each Module Contains:
- A written introduction to the module's core concepts
- Quizzes and workbooks for self-reflection and self-discovery
- An expert video interview
- A video from me sharing my relevant life experience
- 3 movie case studies, analyzing heroes we know and love from film
- 4-6 stories from Tiny Buddha contributors who've already taken these steps
"The different forums were helpful and provided specific subject matter when I was at different stages of the course. It was helpful that Lori shared her own personal experiences and helped me to see her as someone who benefited from this as well." ~Barlow Matheson (Member)
"The course was a bargain considering what I got out of it… It was always fun and not too serious. This made it more interesting and gave me permission to laugh at myself, which can be a source of confidence and relaxation in stressful conditions. I also liked that there was no rush and that you could complete it at your own pace… The workbooks were great because they were personal and provided insight." ~DK, London (Member)
Film is a big part of the course—for one, because it's a lot more fun that way! But there's more to it than that.
It can be hard to view ourselves objectively because we're in our heads all day, every day, and sometimes we're too close to our challenges to recognize how they may actually work for us, not against us.
It's a whole different story when we watch a movie and see a character in similar circumstances.
We empathize with them, despite their flaws; we root for their happiness and success; and we invest ourselves in seeing them learn, grow, and attain not just what they want, but also what they need.
Throughout each module, we use analogies and references from movies to help you see yourself as the hero of your story.
It's not about being selfish or convincing yourself that the world revolves around you. It's about changing how you see yourself, what you believe is possible for you, and what you tell yourself and do as a result.
And this also magnifies the impact you're able to make on the world—which means everyone around you benefits.
When you see yourself as the hero of our own story, you radically transform how you perceive and treat yourself, how you view and meet challenges, and what you believe you deserve and can achieve in life.
Most people go through their whole lives without ever empowering themselves to change what isn't working—and without ever looking within to understand why it isn't.
It's easier to never question why you're doing what you're doing, and whether it's actually serving your needs, desires, hopes, and dreams. It's easier to continue with things as they are than it is to imagine how they could be.
But most of us come to regret the things we didn't do more than the things we did.
Most of us get to the end of our lives and see so clearly all the risks we could have taken, the experiences we could have had, and the new things we could have tried—if only we found the courage to step away from the old.
It doesn't take immense bravery, strength, or vision to change the trajectory of your life. It takes one tiny step in a new direction, backed by belief not in the destination, but in the journey and yourself.
Recreate Your Life Story can be that first step.
"The first module was mind-blowing and eye-popping, and tear-jerking. I couldn't imagine there could be something so much about me…The course is a life-saver, able to make you keep your chin up if you only give it a chance and keep yearning to be inspired." ~Alla K. (Member)
"I loved the course content because it offered a variety in each of the modules. The workbooks at the end made me reflect a great deal and put my issues in order instead of dealing with all these feelings that made it difficult to know myself, and what my real problem was." ~Barb Field (Member)
The Top 10 Limiting Stories
We Tell Ourselves
We all tell ourselves stories about ourselves and our lives that keep us feeling unfulfilled, unhappy, and powerless to change. And though we may sometimes feel alone with our struggles and fears, they're the same for many of us.
Have you told yourself any of these stories?
- I can't be happy because life's not fair.
- I've already made my choices. My hands are tied now.
- I'm too messed up; I've been through so much!
- I don't deserve success or happiness because…
- I'm not good enough. Even if I try, I'll probably fail.
- My parents really screwed me up by…
- I can't change because I always find a way to mess things up.
- I always make the "wrong" decisions in life.
- Things never work out for me, no matter what I do.
- I'm not smart (or talented or brave or…)
These may seem like facts, but they are actually beliefs based on interpretations of facts. That means that these stories don't have to have power over you.
When you change your stories—your beliefs about yourself, your past, and your present—you set the wheels in motion to change your life.
Regardless of your unique life experiences, you can change your stories—and we can give you the tools and support to do it.
Story-Changing Tools That Can Help
You Change Your Life
- 1. I can't be happy because life's not fair.
- Story-Changing Tool: We'll share expert advice from Life Coach and Bestselling Author Tim Brownson, who has helped countless clients reframe and move forward from even the most painful, seemingly unfair situations.
- 2. I've already made my choices. My hands are tied now.
- Story-Changing Tool: We've provided a 15-question workbook to help you overcome internal and external obstacles—and find opportunities within them.
- 3. I'm too messed up; I've been through so much!
- Story-Changing Tool: We'll share bestselling self-help author Karen Salmansohn's powerful "Memoir Therapy" technique, which can help you shift your focus from where you've been to where you're headed.
- 4. I don't deserve success or happiness because…
- Story-Changing Tool: We've provided a comprehensive workbook designed to help you understand the root of these types of beliefs so that you can change them and start acting on more empowering ones—right now.
- 5. I'm not good enough. Even if I try, I'll probably fail.
- Story-Changing Tool: We'll introduce you to Emotional Freedom Techniques Coach Naomi Janzen, who shares a powerful practice to release these kinds of limiting beliefs—permanently.
- 6. My parents really screwed me up by…
- Story-Changing Tool: We'll share with you a number of exercises designed to help you release blame and the victim stories that keep you feeling angry and bitter.
- 7. I can't change because I somehow find a way to mess things up.
- Story-Changing Tool: We'll share insights from NLP Master Practitioner Mike Bundrant, who specializes in helping people identify self-sabotaging behaviors and overcome them to make lasting change.
- 8. I always make the "wrong" decisions in life.
- Story-Changing Tool: We'll introduce you to a new perspective on decision-making that will help you eliminate the words "right" and "wrong" from your vocabulary—and remove the associated pressure.
- 9. Things never work out for me, no matter what I do.
- Story-Changing Tool: We'll introduce you to empowering exercises from positive psychology that help you eliminate "always" and "never" from your vocabulary so you feel less limited and more confident in your potential.
- 10. I'm not smart (or talented or brave or…)
- Story-Changing Tool: We'll share with you a number of stories and related insights from individuals who've learned to change their perception of themselves—and, accordingly, what they believe they can do.
You can release your stories whenever you decide you're tired of believing them. Are you ready to believe and do things differently?
"I like how the questions in the course challenged many of my negative thought patterns." ~Monica Alvarez (Member)
"Informative and positive. There were always stories from contributors that you could related to your own struggles." ~Sharon (Member)
"The "Overcoming Fears" workbook was tremendous, and I enjoyed all of the videos greatly. It was certainly worth the investment!" ~Steve Star (Member)
"I loved the movie connections. Helped me make some breakthroughs with my compassion toward myself." ~K. Espelin (Member)
"It spoke to everything I have going on in my life right now and then some. Things that I wasn't even aware of going on." ~Kristina Long (Member)
Not sure if the Recreate Your Life Story eCourse is right for you? Doubtful as to whether it's worth the investment?
The course may not be for you. If you're completely at peace with your past, confident in the present, and fully aware of what you need to do going forward (and how to do it) then this course may not help you.
And the investment might not be worth it if you take the course and still feel stuck in old, painful stories that make you feel paralyzed with doubt and regret.
But there's a possibility that this course may completely transform your perception of yourself, your past, and your life. There's a possibility that it will help you feel happier, freer, and more excited about life than ever before.
And there's also a 30-day money-back guarantee—so the risk is on us if it doesn't do those things.
We hope you'll take the first tiny step in becoming the hero of your story. We're rooting for you, and we're here to help!
See you on the inside~
Lori Deschene, Tiny Buddha Founder and Recreate Your Life Story Co-Founder
Ehren Prudhel, Screenwriter and Recreate Your Life Story Co-Founder
We would like to thank...
Our Course Experts: Karen Salmansohn (notsalmon.com), Tim Brownson (adaringadventure.com), Mike Bundrant (inlpcenter.com), Naomi Janzen (naomijanzen.net), Jen Grisanti (jengrisanticonsultancy.com)
Our Tiny Buddha Contributors: Ashley Hook, Bridgitte Jackson-Buckley (lillieschild.com), Emma While (chattinghappy.blogspot.co.uk), Faith Antion (soundofswarming.tumblr.com), Gentoku McCree (dharmatrainer.com), Gray Miller (LoveLifePractice.com), Jade Yap (jadewritesstuff.wordpress.com), Jason Anthony (evenminds.com), Jen Callan (readyforyoga.com), Jeremy Britton (24hourwealthcoach.com), Jessica Dally (seattlefreeschool.org), Jessica Roebuck (facebook.com/HeavyScienceMadeLighter), Kathy Kruger (yinyangmother.com), Kelly McQuillan (kellymcquillan.com), Laura Fenamore (onepinky.com), Lindsey Kasch (peacefullypresent.com), Lisa Jenkins (lisaannejenkins.com), Mark Hermann (rockandrollzen.com), Meghan Rosen (hodgepodgeltd.com), Melissa Ng (lumecluster.com), Michelle McQuaid (michellemcquaid.com), Mina Grace Drake (minagrace.com), Vanessa Cogshall (williamssyndromesmile.com)